|Stage 33 Live’s COVID policy may change without warning if emerging conditions warrant, but at the time of this publication is as follows: “If you aren’t vaccinated against COVID-19, we request that you wear a mask and maintain a six-foot social distance at our events. Vaccinated people are also welcome to wear masks and maintain social distancing. Our chairs are movable and configurable – if you need or wish to make a social-distanced seating pod for your party, arrive early and we’ll help you do it. Note that the three front rows aren’t available as pod space, and people who have already arrived and have chosen their seats will not be expected to move. GUIDANCE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. Note that some shows may have tighter restrictions by the performer’s request. Any additional per-show guidance will be found on the individual show pages on this website.”
Rupert Wates brings his thoroughly American acoustic folk with tinges of jazz, vaudeville, and cabaret back to Stage 33 Live in Bellows Falls, VT, on Sunday, December 12 at 7:00 PM. Local favorite Josh Maiocco opens. Local artist Felicity Haselton will exhibit. $15 in advance, $20 at the door; limited seating; recorded and filmed. (Read press release.)
• Advance tickets for this show are $15 plus the transaction fee charged by Paypal (1.99% + 49 cents = 79 cents per ticket for this show) so that the performer receives the full amount. (Tickets will be $20 at the door.)
• A Paypal account is not
required. They try to make it look like it is, but there will be a link to proceed without one.
• All gate receipts go to the performer (less the 11th ticket which goes toward promotion costs).
• If you wish, you may add a tip above the ticket price.
• You can change the number of tickets on the sales page.
• SEATING IS LIMITED TO 40. Chairs will be saved (but not assigned) for advance ticket holders starting from the front row, and only 40 advance tickets will be sold. If any chairs are available behind the ones reserved for advance ticket holders, those will be first-come first-served.
• If our 40 chairs all get reserved, advance sales will automatically close. There will still be limited standing room.
• Advance sales will shut down at midnight the day before the show whether or not there are chairs left; any remaining chairs will be available first come first served.
• After completing, a “success” page should pop up and you should get an email from Paypal.
• The name you give will be on a list at the door. All you have to do is show up. There are no physical tickets.
• We won’t sell your info to anybody. We won’t even add you to our secret email newsletter
coterie unless you ask.
• Questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
or text/voicemail 802-289-0148.
Rupert Wates: deeply Americana
BELLOWS FALLS — London-born, Oxford-educated Rupert Wates brings his thoroughly American acoustic folk with tinges of jazz, vaudeville, and cabaret back to Stage 33 Live in Bellows Falls, Vermont, on Sunday, December 12 at 7:00 PM.
His highly developed songwriting features memorable melodies and intricate, spellbinding lyrics delivered with well-honed guitar and his smooth, expressive voice. He’s been said to embody the lyricism of Gordon Lightfoot and the attention to craft of Richard Thompson.
With eleven internationally acclaimed solo albums and dozens of songwriting awards, and his work covered by artists in the UK, Canada, and the US, including two tribute albums to his material, the doors to large venues and big festivals are open to him… but he prefers the intimate, up-close audiences of small listening rooms where the emphasis is on the music. He recognizes that it’s regular people – people like us – who make the world extraordinary, and that reflects in his sophisticated songwriting which brings his characters, real and imagined, to vivid life.
Local favorite Josh Maiocco opens. Local artist Felicity Haselton will exhibit and be on hand before, between, and after the performances with prints for sale.
Sunday, December 12, 7:00 PM, Stage 33 Live at 33 Bridge Street in Bellows Falls, Vermont. Advance tickets are $15 through stage33live.com; $20 at the door.
“A prime figure in American music.” — Folk And Acoustic Music Exchange
“As the former manager of the late Harry Chapin, I’ve heard my share of story songs. Rupert’s are right up there with the best.” — Bob Hinkle
“Gripping lyrics with great themes and troubling, witty messages.” — Leith Radio, Scotland
“Astonishing fingerpicking chops.” — Monterey County Weekly
The performances will be recorded and filmed. Seating is limited. No bar or kitchen; snacks by donation. Stage 33 Live is an industrial-rustic listening room in a former factory hosting local, regional, and national performers in an intimate setting at 33 Bridge Street in Bellows Falls, VT. Find more info about the nonprofit, all-volunteer project, and this and other other upcoming events, online at stage33live.com
artist Felicity Haselton